Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Carmen Oakes



        Carmen Oakes has a Master’s Degree in geology and education from Virginia Tech. She taught in Richmond for two years before coming to Hidden Valley in 2004. Ms. Oakes spends most of her time teaching and assistant coaching outdoor track. Ms. Oakes is married to a firefighter. Ever since the 9th grade she knew she wanted to teach. The biggest part of her job to her would be making sure her students mature in their education.
       Ms. Oakes really enjoys teaching her students. She said, “I really like to see when they get excited about the material I’m talking about.” At the beginning of the year her students struggled with the tests, mostly because they had not learned anything yet. “I’ve seen [my students] mature with their education, but also as people,” she said. Ms. Oakes is really proud to be at Hidden Valley. She said, “I really love some mornings when I drive up Titan Trail and when you can first see the school and the big sign of Hidden Valley, it just like makes me so proud.”
       Ms. Oakes is a proud and outgoing teacher. She is very proud to be a part of Hidden Valley High School, and will never take it for granted.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment